Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

From Books to Videos: Introducing Booktube

Hey, fellow readers! Keep on reading to keep smelling the books.

As nerds and book lovers, I believe it's very important for us to surround ourselves with fellow nerds and book lovers. It can feel very isolating for some to have no one to talk to about our interests. Having no encouragement from others to continue in our interests can even cause us to push aside the things we love most and make ourselves believe that these interests aren't normal.

For a long time in junior high and high school, I often pushed aside my love of reading because I felt I had no one to talk to about it. None of my friends were as bookish as me, and I felt as if I was doing myself a disservice by "putting myself out there."

Well readers, the days of hiding your nerdiness and quirks are gone. The internet has brought about a new movement of bookworms. The internet is the place to go if you want to connect with any type of person, and it is especially cool for people considered "different" to find people just like them.

My love of reading was rekindled by a community on YouTube: Booktube.

Booktube is the network of all bookworms that just happened to make videos about what they love. "Booktubers" come in all shapes and sizes. Some have channels dedicated completely to reading books, while some make book videos along with other types of videos.

Although there are no official rules to the game of booktube, there are a lot of videos that you can count on booktubers to make regularly. These types of videos include:


The TBR (To be read)



Reviews


Discussions



And Wrap-ups about how reading went that month:


The videos I've linked here are only a few of the Booktubers to whom I've subscribed. Each of these ladies (and some dudes, though there aren't as many) has inspired a lot of reading fire in my soul. Being able to log on to the internet and see the passion for reading in them is something I think every reader should experience today.

Even if you aren't a reader, you should at least watch the Pride and Prejudice discussion. It'll change your life.

1 comment:

  1. I should check out Booktube. Thanks for the recomendation!

    ReplyDelete