Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Dear Mr. Gaiman

Dear Mr. Gaiman
I'd like to know you well enough
to simply call you Neil.
Don't worry, I'm not in love with you
I'm just a fan
I'd like to sit across the room from you
and watch you just

read.

I imagine you hold the books with one hand
and hold your head with the other
You probably cross your legs
and construct a fence
You keep out the barking dogs
and the noisy neighbors.
I know you'll never know me, Mr. Gaiman -
Neil -
but I know you.
I know your writing
the fervor.

Dear Mr. Gaiman
You may not know this
but somehow you know me.
Your books are a reflection
of my open heart.

You saw this awkward Kansas child
when you wrote American Gods.
You understood this Fairy Princess
when you published Stardust.

You know I'd be scared, didn't you
when you first imagined The Graveyard Book.
You looked at me, Mr. Gaiman.
But you didn't just look.

You saw.

________________

Hey everyone,

Here's a poem I wrote about one of my absolute favorite authors, Mr. Neil Gaiman. I know each and every one of you out there have your favorite famous people. I just happened to fall in with Neil Gaiman. I hope you enjoyed this short little snippet of my writing life and obsession with Neil's work.

1 comment: