Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 12, 2017

My 2017 reading goals

Hi, everyone!

As promised, here are my reading goals for the new year:

1. Read 40 books total in the year.

I have discovered that it usually takes me a little over a week to finish a book (on average). Having a 40-book goal seems manageable for me. But, if I'm unable to finish this goal, I'm not going to fuss about it. Remember, read closely, not quickly!

2. Of those books, reread 7.

Rereading is such an enjoyable experience for me, yet it always seems so hard for me to go back to them. I'm going to force myself to reread seven of them this year to see how I do. I also hope to get to the point where I am mostly rereading books, or at least portions of those books.

3. Read at least 5 books from unfamiliar genres.

Typically, I stick to books from the literary fiction, sci-fi/fantasy, classics, and poetry genres. I want to read some new genres this year. Some genres that interest me right now are Young Adult, Biography, Plays, Creative Nonfiction, and Religion.

4. Read 5 books over 500 pages.

It is really easy to hit my 40-book goal while reading short books, so I wanted to make sure I didn't cheat TOO much. I want to knock some of my bigger books off the list this year, like Game of Thrones, Shantaram, Winter's Tale, War and Peace, and Infinite Jest.

What are your book goals for this year? Stay ambitious!

No comments:

Post a Comment