Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 9, 2016

Five of the Best Ted Talks for Readers

Everyone needs a bit of a Ted Talks marathon every now and again. I am subscribed to the TedX YouTube channel, and I always watch each video that is posted through that channel. Here are a few videos for my fellow readers that want to stay inspired to read and create.

1. The Power of Introverts - Susan Cain

I read Susan Cain's book Quiet, which is a book about her experience as an introvert and why any introvert should be proud of his or her quietness. Susan Cain is an empowering introvert and I applaud her for becoming the voice of introverts in our society.

2. The Surprising Habits of Original Thinkers - Adam Grant

Do you consider yourself to be a procrastinator but also a creative, original thinker? Adam Grant explains everything that goes on in your brain as a creative procrastinator. As readers, we oftentimes enjoy school (or some part of it) but we also love to have our relaxing free time, sometimes with a book. This video helps me feel better about taking a few too many breaks to catch up on my "fun reading."

3. Why We Should All be Reading Aloud to Children - Rebecca Bellingham


Our love of reading had to start somewhere, right? If I'm assuming correctly, every reader has experienced a parent or teacher reading aloud to them. Rebecca Bellingham expertly reveals a child's mind when they are able to hear and connect with books. 

4. My Year Reading a Book From Every Country in the World - Ann Morgan



I think each reader has experience similar to Ann Morgan's - we look at our shelves and realize the small variety of books we own and continue to read. The speaker in this talk is truly inspiring to every reader desiring to learn new things with each read.

5. Do Schools Kill Creativity? - Sir Ken Robinson


This is one of my favorite Ted Talks that I continue to watch. Each time I am inspired to look beyond my education and know my true self. Dr. Ken Robinson is truly an independent thinker and strives to bring creativity back into schools. As readers, I think we can appreciate Ken Robinson for his activism in schools, bringing about an atmosphere of free thought. Reading independently is one of the key ingredients to creativity.


1 comment:

  1. I love Ted Talks. These are some Ted Talks that I will have to look into

    ReplyDelete